Tuesday 12 July 2011

Hanging by a thread?

Thought I would start this blog with a nice little sewing pun there, see if it gives you a slight clue as to what this post will be about. . . .

Yup, you guessed it, last Thursday I dug out my sewing machine from the depths of the wardrobe, dusted it down and got on with some serious business.

My new skirts!



I know the picture doesn't really do either of them much justice, I just couldn't bring myself to put them on and pose!

For these two I basically used an old Primark dress I'd worn once (Stripey: right) and a skirt I bought many many years ago that the zip had broken and the stitching on the waist was loose (Polka Dotty: left) cut them to the length I wanted and pinned them to some thick white elastic!

Once I'd sewn them onto the elastic and made a nice clean seam they were done! I now have two NEW skirts for my wardrobe and spent, well actually I spent nothing as someone else bought the elastic for me and wouldn't take any money for it!

I've got a few other peices lying around my bedroom now that would probably also look good as skirts - I'll keep you posted!!

Peace y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, offer advice or any tips are all welcome! Thanks for stopping by!! x